Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really love KFC Coleslaw and I have tried several recipes. This one is the best by far. Its nice and creamy and really compliments a good Barbecue dish. This can be made with splenda instead of sugar.
- 8 1⁄8 cups cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup carrot
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- Shred the cabbage fine using the fine disk for the shredder attachment to the mixer. Shred the carrot the same way. Mix together cabbage, carrot and onion.
- In a bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice with a whisk until well combined. Add the salt and pepper. Add the sugar to the sauce until well mixed in . Add the sauce to the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix well and allow the mixture to marinate for 13 hours in the refrigerator.
- I have used Splenda sweetener in the place of sugar, and it was great.
Yummy coleslaw! This was so simple and really good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Wow. I loved this recipe. KFC cole slaw is my favorite and this tastes just like it. Thank you so much for posting!!
I have never had KFC coleslaw before...so I don't know how this compares. But I do know that this recipe is just what I was looking for. We really enjoyed it. This will be the only one for us from now on. Thank you so much for sharing.