Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
KFC clone you can make in your own kitchen.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons msg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut chicken into 8 pieces(4 legs and 4 thighs.
- In a zip lock bag mix all dry ingredients.
- Wet chicken.
- Put one or two pieces of chicken at a time into the bag and shake well.
- Then put chicken pieces on an oiled pan. Use Canola or Peanut oil so your chicken will not stick.
- Bake approximately 40-50 minutes until chicken is done. Half way through baking spoon oil from pan on chicken to brown properly.
This was awesome. I didn't use the msg or any of the other spices. I just used Lawry's seasoning salt. Edit: I made it as stated here and I enjoyed it more like this but my husband liked it more with the Lawry's. I think this is an awesome way of making chicken! Good stuff!
I made this with one exception. I added a dry packet of seasoning mix by seven seas to the flour mix. The flavor was good on the crust, however, the chicken could have been marinated in something to give it more flavor. Other than that it was good. Thanks
This recipe was great! I made this last night with 7 chicken legs, still partly froozen, and it turned out wonderful! Best part was i that i could bake biscuits in the oven as the chicken was baking to have everything turn out!