Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Colonel Sanders loved rice and beans and decided to create a recipe that could be used together to create a great tasting item. You can mix it or have the beans on the bottom and rice on top and mix as you eat. This was sent to a recipe group, AARestaurant_Recipes, by tabbitha
- 1 (30 ounce) can red beans
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups converted rice, cooked
- Pour beans with their liquid into a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Add the seasonings and butter.
- When the mixture begins to boil use a fork to mash 1/2 the beans.
- Cook for 10 to 20 minutes to until it looks like bean paste with big beans in it.
- Mix in rice.
This was very easy and very good with my changes. I added 1 can of diced tomatoes, some chopped onion, 1/4 t. cumin, 1/2 t. Creole seasoning, 1 t. liquid smoke, and 1 T. Worcestershire. I served the beans over the rice, instead of mixing it in.