Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the KFC website. The best bean salad I've tasted.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can wax beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced and chopped
- 1 medium white onion, sliced and cut up
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain and rinse kidney beans well. Drain additional beans and combine all ingredients together. Marinate and refrigerate overnight. Bean salad tastes better after 3 or 4 days. Makes about 7 cups.
I used to work at KFC when they made salads in store and I can say this recipe is spot on. I have been looking for this recipe for a while and am so glad I found it. Great bean salad. Thanks for posting.
I've never had KFC's bean salad but this was very good. Left out the green pepper due to picky eaters. I made it a day ahead of time and it definitely tasted better after it sat for a day.
This was very tasty. It really tasted the best when it was allowed to sit for a while, just like the author said!! Much better then buying 3 bean salad in a can :)