Recipe by MommyMakes
This is the KFC Biscuit recipe from the website, they are wonderful.
Top Review by Dad the cook
Great recipe as good as KFC any day! One tip on cutting biscuit's if you don't allready know. Don't twist the cutter while cutting the biscuit, it can seal the biscuit edges and cause it not to rise properly. Just cut straight down. I know cuz thats what I did! My mom set me right with this tip lol!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mix and add the milk.
- Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk, if needed to form, and mix.
- Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times.
- Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes.
- Makes about 9 biscuits.