Recipe by tinala
I found this recipe on a copycat site long ago and have been making them frequently. These are not for the faint of heart, but utterly delicious and easy to prepare.
Top Review by elvis's mom
I have a batch of these in the oven right now! I use ice cream instead of the heavy cream, because its usually what I have on hand. I aslo warm the butter, ice cream and brown sugar just until boiling on the stove 1st, then put into pan. My family likes pecans also. These are so good!!
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed (1 lb.)
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces butter, melted
- 1 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend brown sugar and butter in a 9X13 pan, add cream.
- Spread over bottom of pan.
- Flatten bread dough, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture on top and roll up and cut each loaf into 4 pieces.
- Place on top of caramel mixture in pan.
- Let rise in a warm place to double in size or overnight.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 45 minutes or until brown on top.