Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on a copycat site long ago and have been making them frequently. These are not for the faint of heart, but utterly delicious and easy to prepare.
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed (1 lb.)
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces butter, melted
- 1 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Blend brown sugar and butter in a 9X13 pan, add cream.
- Spread over bottom of pan.
- Flatten bread dough, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture on top and roll up and cut each loaf into 4 pieces.
- Place on top of caramel mixture in pan.
- Let rise in a warm place to double in size or overnight.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 45 minutes or until brown on top.
I have a batch of these in the oven right now! I use ice cream instead of the heavy cream, because its usually what I have on hand. I aslo warm the butter, ice cream and brown sugar just until boiling on the stove 1st, then put into pan. My family likes pecans also. These are so good!!
These were absolutely the best caramel rolls we have ever had. I added pecans on top of the caramel. Out of this world. Thanks for a great recipe.
Oh.My.Gawd. These are amazing. Amazing! I made these for Christmas breakfast and realized at the last minute that I had used almost all of my butter for the rest of my Christmas baking, so I used 2 oz butter and 8 oz margarine. These puffed up so big and beautiful overnight! I had to poke them back inside the pan before baking. I sprinkled pecans over half of the pan before placing the rolls on the caramel. I am glad I kept a close eye on them because they were completely done in 30 minutes. These are so easy to make that I will definitely be making them again!