Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this delicious salad recipe in one of my cookbooks, similar to the one served in a famous restaurant, and am posting it here in request of some ladies. Enjoy.
- 1 iceberg lettuce, broken into bite-size pieces (to make 4 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes
- 1 cup bread cubes, toasted (or cruotons)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts, coarsely broken
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade (or use less to your own taste)
- 4 tablespoons key lime juice (or to make 1/4 cup)
- In large bowl combine lettuce pieces, shredded carrot and fruits. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Before serving, add the croutons sprinkled with the ground cinnamon into the salad.
- Add cashews pieces and serve with the dressing.