1/1 Photo of Key West Style Crab Cakes
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
Got this recipe from a cookbook my husband & I picked up on our honeymoon in the Keys. A few years later, stuck in snowy, land-locked IA where we live, we decided to make up a few batches of these with some Rum Runners and have a "Wish We Were in Key West" dinner party with a few friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat (I use canned,lump)
- 2 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cleaned & chopped fine)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (cleaned & chopped fine)
- 1 celery rib (chopped fine)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh herb (parsley, cilantro, basil)
- 3 -4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- 1When preparing bacon, remove from pan and sautee onions, peppers, celery & garlic in bacon drippings.
- 2Transfer to a bowl, add crabmeat, herbs& breadcrumbs.
- 3Fold in egg & cream.
- 4Form into patties, size of your choice.
- 5Wrap & refrigerate atleast 30 minutes.
- 6Pan fry cakes in butter/oil til crispy on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- 7Serve with horseradish/mustard sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key West Style Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.1
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 272.4 mg
- Sodium 2418.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 51.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning