1/1 Photo of Key West Spicy Chicken Kebabs
Key West Spicy Chicken kebabs, for the oven under the grill or on the BBQ,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kebab stick
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, if diabetic
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bell peppers or 1 onion, sliced thickly
- hot bell pepper, to personal taste (cayenne, jalepeno or habanero)
- 1If using wooden kebab sticks, soak for 5 min in water.
- 2Put soy sauce, a dash of vinegar, honey and lime juice in a mixing bowl to make marinade. add fresh garlic (crushed), chilli flakes, cayenne pepper and stir. Cut up chicken breasts in large chunks. Put into marinade and refrigerate for min 30 minutes - longer is better.
- 3Load up the kebabs with the chicken pieces, interspersed with large slices of onion and bell peppers, and hot peppers. If you have pineapple or dried apricots you can add that too. brush the marinade over the kebabs.
- 4Sprinkle cilantro over kebabs and grill in the oven until cooked. I use gas oven on 6 take 35 minutes (that's a boat oven). Or you can BBQ or grill.
- 5Serve with salad or rice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key West Spicy Chicken Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.0
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 894.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 47.2 g