Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Key West Spicy Chicken kebabs, for the oven under the grill or on the BBQ,
Make and share this Key West Spicy Chicken Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- kebab stick
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, if diabetic
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bell peppers or 1 onion, sliced thickly
- hot bell pepper, to personal taste (cayenne, jalepeno or habanero)
- If using wooden kebab sticks, soak for 5 min in water.
- Put soy sauce, a dash of vinegar, honey and lime juice in a mixing bowl to make marinade. add fresh garlic (crushed), chilli flakes, cayenne pepper and stir. Cut up chicken breasts in large chunks. Put into marinade and refrigerate for min 30 minutes - longer is better.
- Load up the kebabs with the chicken pieces, interspersed with large slices of onion and bell peppers, and hot peppers. If you have pineapple or dried apricots you can add that too. brush the marinade over the kebabs.
- Sprinkle cilantro over kebabs and grill in the oven until cooked. I use gas oven on 6 take 35 minutes (that's a boat oven). Or you can BBQ or grill.
- Serve with salad or rice and enjoy!