Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The recipe says this serves 4 people but this amount feeds my husband and me. Usually double or triple the amounts if anybody else wants any.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 3 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning or 2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning (use powdered crab boil, not liquid)
Key Lime Mustard
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- To make Key Lime Mustard: add all ingredients to a small bowl; stir well to combine; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make shrimp: rinse and drain shrimp.
- Add beer and Old Bay seasoning to a large pot; bring to a boil; add shrimp.
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain shrimp Serve immediately with Key Lime Mustard.
This is how I'm doing my shrimp from here on out! I added some hot sauce to the key lime mustard sauce but did everything exactly to the recipe. The shrimp had much more flavor in the beer than water (like I normally do). Thanks for posting this!
This was SO good! My husband and I demolished the whole 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp between the two of us. We just loved the key lime mustard....such a nice change from cocktail sauce or remoulade. I prepared everything as written and will do it again without changing a thing. Thanks for posting this easy and tasty recipe Di!
My husband and I loved this! I had 24 oz of shrimp and there is enough left for someone to have some for lunch. I loved the sauce. I do not have fat free so we used the real thing. I got the key lime juice in one of those little limes and when I used the 1/4 cup I then needed to add a little more mayo and Dijon. We will be having this again. Thanks for a great easy recipe.