Recipe by CHEF HAPYX2 (HAPPY HAPPY)
I came up with this recipe on my own. Just pulled it out of the sky. It is fresh and lite. While writing this recipe, I thought asparagus would be nice in this dish. I added it at the bottom as an option. You could also substitute the shrimp for other seafood or chicken. You can use any raw shrimp in this recipe if you can't find "pink Key West Shrimp". Have all prep work done before you start combining ingredients, as the cooking process goes fast. I cooked the pasta at the same time I combined all the rest of the ingredients. I use Manage Au Tois white wine. The flavors are nice in this dish. Hess Chardany would be good too. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb garlic and herb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 lb of 50/60 raw pink key west shrimp, peeled, devained, rinced and dried
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, julien
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces white wine
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 1 lemon
- 8 ounces asparagus (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shreaded
- sea salt, fresh ground
- black pepper, fresh ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour a glass of wine for you.
- Lightly toast pine nuts over med/low heat tossing ocasionaly.
- Peel, devein and rince shrimp, pat dry with paper towel.
- Julien sun dried tomatoes, mince garlic, (if using the asparagus, wash and cut into 1 inch pieces).
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Heat half of the olive oil on med heat in 11" saute pan, gently add shrimp (to help prevent splashing of hot oil) Saute for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. You may add the asparagus at this time if using.
- Add in the garlic, toasted pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes, give a good stir, add in the white wine, using a wood spoon or non metal spatula, scrape the good bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the spinach and wilt. Allowing the wine and moisture to reduce down to almost dry.
- Add in the drained pasta (DO NOT RINCE), remaining olive oil , squeeze lemon over pasta, add salt and pepper to taste, toss all ingredients together and remove from heat. (If pasta looks too dry, you may add more olive oil to taste.).
- place each serving in a bowl and top with Asiago cheese.