Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
This has a flavorful citrus marinade that complements the salmon. Adapted from Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes.
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- hot pepper sauce (a few drops or to taste)
- 4 salmon steaks, each 3/4 inch thick (1 1/2 pounds total weight)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Place salmon in a shallow dish.
- Pour 1/4 cup lime juice mixture over the fish; turn to coat.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes; turning once.
- To remaining lime juice mixture add in the green onions, water, and honey; stir to combine.
- Grease grill rack. Over high heat, place salmon on grill rack.
- Drizzle salmon with half the lime juice mixture.
- Grill, covered, 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve salmon with remaining sauce.