Recipe by Teri
Mahi-mahi is a dolphin-fish, not to be confused with dolphins or porpoises which are mammals. This is a deliciuos recipe that I stole from another cooking site! Cooking time does include marinading time.
- 1 lime, juice of
- Rose's lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 drops cholula hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 14 -16 ounces mahi mahi fillets (2)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fresh lime juice and enough Rose's Lime juice to make 1/3 cup. Add the oil, salt, celery salt, black pepper, hot-pepper sauce, scallion, water and honey in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate.
- Place Mahi-mahi in a zip-lock style bag and pour 4 tablespoons of the mixture over fish; turn to coat. Refrigerate 20 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining mixture for sauce (warm slightly).
- Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals, or heat a gas grill to high, or heat broiler. Position grill rack 6 inches from coals or broiler pan 3 inches from heat.
- Grease grill rack or rack of a shallow roasting pan. Place fillets on rack. Drizzle with half of lime juice mixture from marinade bag. Grill over hot coals on covered grill 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, or broil 4 minutes per side.
- Serve Mahi-mahi with remaining sauce warmed.