Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Grill recipe! (or can be broiled)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 large scallions, trimmed to 8inch lengths
- skewer, soaked in water
- 1 ripe mango (~12 oz)
- 8 ounces canned pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- Start fire in grill (or turn on broiler).
- In small bowl, stir oil, garlic, and pepper to mix. Set aside.
- Arrange shrimp on skewers.
- Place shrimp skewers on hot grill rack, brush with oil mixture, cook 1-2 min on each side until pink and cooked through.
- Cook scallions 2-3 min, without turning, until lightly charred and tender.
- PINEAPPLE-MANGO RELISH:.
- Peel mango, and cut into 1/4inch chunks. Drain pineapple.
- Combine all in medium sized bowl.
- Toss thoroughly to mix.
Delicious! We further flavored the shrimp by grilling over wood chips. This was perfect with a side of rice. Thanks for posting!