Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love fish, but since I am the only one in my family that eats it, I never cook it at home. This is an easy recipe to start with for me. Recipe notes: In Key West, the fish fillets would be grouper, but sole, flounder, or whatever is on sale will work.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb fish fillet
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 baking pan in the oven.
- In a shallow dish, combine cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and garlic powder.
- Dip fillets in melted butter, then in cracker-crumb mixture.
- Arrange fish in a single layer in the baking pan, sprinkle with lime juice and bake for about 20 minutes, until fish is tender and flakes easily with a fork.
I used a nice 1 1/2 to 2" thick piece of grouper, and this was just fabulous! Loved the lime juice with this....it complimented the other flavors perfectly. Since my fish was so thick, it was almost 8 ounces so halved the rest of the ingredients to serve one. Cooked a bit longer because of the thickness, but just by a couple of minutes. Thanks for sharing! Made for Football Tag game!
So tasty and so easy! I used butter crackers instead of saltines because I had some on hand, otherwise made as directed. I was skeptical about the lime with the other flavors but it was really good. I used tilapia and the fish was perfectly cooked in 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I also used tilapia. This is a great recipe for white fish. I used less butter to make it healthier. The seasoning was perfect. Thanks AZPARZYCH :) Made for PRMR tag game