Recipe by BeansnRice
From a Splenda cookbooklet. Cooking time is freeze time.
Top Review by Jenny Runs Fast
I LOVE this recipe. I have been making it for years now. Sorry BeansnRice it has taken so long to review it. Everytime I serve them at a party, people rave about them. I have made them with Splenda and with sugar depending on weather or not I am serving diabetic people. They are delicious both ways. I can never find key lime juice, so I use regular store bought lime juice. I also sometimes substitute ginger snap crumbs for the graham cracker crumbs. This recipe is awesome!
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8" X 8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crush graham crackers (reserving 2 tablespoons).
- Combine crumbs with 1/4 cup Splenda, cinnamon and margarine, mixing well.
- Press mixture onto bottom of baking dish.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups Splenda and lime juice in a heavy saucepan and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir yogurt into saucepan and fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture over graham cracker crust and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature before cutting.