Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
No chocolate, but packed with the bright lime and graham cracker flavour from the classic treat! A touch of tangy cream cheese adds just the right about of taste and texture. Make a double (or triple!) batch and keep them in the freezer to prolong their life – not that they’ll hang around long!
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (regular or low fat)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened (add a pinch of salt if using unsalted)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- dark chocolate or white chocolate, melted, for coating
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, lime zest and lime juice until well combined.
- Mix together the flour and graham cracker crumbs and beat into the cheese mixture to form a scoopable “batter-dough”.
- Roll small balls of the mixture and refrigerate at least 1 hour to firm up (or freeze at this point).
- Dip in melted chocolate and allow to set. When coated, truffles can be kept at room temperature for 1 week or 3 weeks in the fridge.
Made these for an International Evening at our school in the UK, they went down a treat!