Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Martha Stewart Living.
For the Dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
For the filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Make the Dough: Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Add yolks and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour and salt until combined. Cover, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make the Filling: Whisk sugar, flour and eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in lime zest, juice and salt.
- Roll balls of dough using 2 teaspoons dough for each. Place 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheets. With the handle of a wooden spoon, press gently in the center of each to creat an indentation.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Press centers if indentation loses definition.
- Spoon filling into centers. Bake until cookies are light brown around edges, 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Cookies will keep, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving dust with confectioner's sugar.