Recipe by WV Carrie
I found this recipe by Paula Deen on Food Network. A recipe for the Key Lime Cooler Cookies was provided by Bliss. (Thanks so much Bliss).
Top Review by Open Mouth, Insert...?
I loved the key lime flavor, but I used a store bought lemon cookie for the base to save time. I also put a little lemon zest and crushed graham crackers on top of the whipped cream to "pretty it up!" The only problem with it (for me) is that it my originally hard cookie seemed a little gushy. Maybe WV Carrie's suggestion is better. Don't know yet. Will serve again!
- 24 key lime coolers cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill 2 (12-muffin) mini muffin tins with paper cups and spray with cooking spray.
- Place 1 Key Lime Cooler cookie in the bottom of the cup, flat side down.
- Beat together cream cheese, egg, sugar, lime juice and zest until well mixed.
- Fill the cups to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove tarts to cool.
- When completely cool, top with whipped cream.
- (I use a pastry bag and star tip).