Recipe by anngard
This recipe is fast and easy to prepare. The spicy gingersnap really compliments the tartness of the lime.
Top Review by hfarha
Completely unedible! I wish I had paid attention to the other review. I followed the recipe to a T, and usually enjoy tart lime desserts but this one should never be made. Unattractive and tasted terrible!
- 12 crisp gingersnap cookies
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, and zest from all limes. (4-5 Persian limes or 12-15 Key limes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 12 standard size muffin cups with paper liners. Spritz each paper liner with non-stick cooking spray. Place a cookie in each paper liner.
- Whisk, eggs, milk, lime juice, lime zest and vanilla until well-bleneded. Pour a scant 1/4 cup lime mixture into each cup.
- Bake 16 to 19 minutes or until firm. Do not overbake.
- Allow tartlets to set in pans for about 10 minutes. Carefully, lift each tart from the pan and place on wire rack to cool. Cool completely before refrigerating several hours or overnight. Just before serving garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and tiny lime slice.
- 151 calories per serving (19% from fat), 28 carbohydrates per serving.