Vino Girl's Note:
From Midwest Living December 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded key lime peel or 1 teaspoon lime peel
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- coarse sugar (optional)
- lime icing (recipe is below) (optional)
- green colored crystal sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add sugar, salt and baking powder. Beat until combined.
- 4Beat in lime juice and egg.
- 5Beat in flour (if the dough gets too stiff, continue combining with a wooden spoon).
- 6Stir in lime peel.
- 7Place unchilled dough in cookie press and form shapes one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Top with coarse sugar, if desired.
- 9Bake for 6-8 minutes until edges are firm but not brown.
- 10Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 11If desired, drizzle with Lime Icing and let stand 20 minutes or until set, or dip cookies in icing and top with green sugar.
- 12LIME ICING: Stir together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice and 2-3 teaspoons of milk to make a drizzling consistency. Tint with green food coloring if you like. Makes about 1/3 cup.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Spritz Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 84
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: