1/1 Photo of Key Lime Sparkler Cookies
1 hr 5 mins
Southern Polar Bear's Note:
Mouth-puckeringly tart AND satisfyingly sweet, these crunchy, sugar-coated cookies are bound to quickly become a family favorite. This recipe is from the King Arthur Flour website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lime oil
- 1/8 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup glazing sugar or 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons white edible glitter (optional)
- 1*citric acid (also known as sour salt) is what gives the cookies their sour bite—if you want less tang, use just a pinch.
- 2In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, salt, and baking powder till well blended.
- 3Beat in the lime juice, lime oil, sour salt (citric acid), and the egg.
- 4Blend in the flour thoroughly.
- 5Roll the dough into 1" balls, and place them on lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- 6Bake the cookies in the top third of a preheated 350°F oven for 14 to 16 minutes, until the cookies are browned on the bottom.
- 7Remove them from the oven, and cool on the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a rack.
- 8Mix together the sugar coating ingredients in a pan or bag.
- 9Gently shake and roll the still slightly warm cookies in the sugar till coated. Allow the cookies to cool completely, then repeat, coating again with the sugar.
- 10(If you're freezing the cookies, you may choose to recoat the cookies in sugar once they've been removed from the freezer, before serving.).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Sparkler Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (932 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 45.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: