1/1 Photo of Key Lime Shortbread Cookies
2 hrs 26 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Tangy, not too sweet shortbread cookies. From Land O'Lakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest
- 1Combine flour, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- 2Beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
- 3Beat in flour mixture, zest and juice at low speed until dough forms. Dough will be crumbly.
- 4divide dough in half and roll into 2 10-inch logs. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Slice cookies into 1/4" slices and place 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- 8Remove from pan and let cookies cool completely.
- 9Meanwhile, make glaze. Put sugar and zest into a medium bowl. Stir in enough lime juice to get glaze to spreading consistancy.
- 10Spoon or brush glaze onto the tops of cooled cookies.
- 11Allow glaze to harden, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (749 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
key lime zest
key lime zest