Prep2 hrs 15 mins
Tangy, not too sweet shortbread cookies. From Land O'Lakes.
Make and share this Key Lime Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in flour mixture, zest and juice at low speed until dough forms. Dough will be crumbly.
- divide dough in half and roll into 2 10-inch logs. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice cookies into 1/4" slices and place 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Remove from pan and let cookies cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make glaze. Put sugar and zest into a medium bowl. Stir in enough lime juice to get glaze to spreading consistancy.
- Spoon or brush glaze onto the tops of cooled cookies.
- Allow glaze to harden, about 15 minutes.