Recipe by Jostlori
Described as a frosty delight, I found this recipe in Joyce LaFray's cookbook "Key Lime Desserts". DOES NOT INCLUDE 2+ HOURS FREEZER TIME...
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons gelatin, soaked in 1/2 c cold water
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice
- 1 cup white rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the sugar and water for 10 minutes, add softened gelatin and when it has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Add the key lime juice and the rum.
- Freeze for 1 hour in 2 ice trays.
- Add the salt to the egg whites. Beat until stiff and set aside.
- Remove the mix from the freezer into a chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Fold the egg whites into the other mixture.
- Return to ice trays and freeze until firm.