Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Make and share this Key Lime Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh key lime juice
Key Lime Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream
- key lime slice
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed in an electric stand mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Glaze-whisk together the powdered sugar, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth; immediately brush over top and sides of cake.
- Cool completely (1 hour); garnish if desired.