12 hrs 20 mins
Rollin in the Dough!'s Note:
Super easy, super delicious cake! My brother is a huge Key lime fan so I made this for his birthday! It is a nice change from the everyday birthday cake! Recipe from www.bettycrocker.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 12 ounces Betty Crocker fluffy white frosting mix
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F for shiny metal or glass pan or 325 deg. F for dark or nonstick pan.
- 2Spray bottom only of 9x13" pan with baking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 sec. Beat on medium speed for 2 min, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake 26-30 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Cool 5 minute.
- 6With handle of wooden spoon (1/4-1/2" in diameter) poke holes almost to bottom of cake every 1/2 ", wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
- 7In a medium bowl, stir together filling ingredients, mixture will thicken with refrigeration.
- 8Pour in holes and evenly over cake.
- 9Refrigerate one hour.
- 10Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with lime peel,*sometimes I frost with Cool Whip*.
- 11Optional- garnish with fresh strawberries, lime slices and lemon leaves.
- 12Refrigerate over night for best taste, or immediatly serve.
- 13Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 285.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Betty Crocker fluffy white frosting mix