Recipe by Cookin'Diva
I wanted a quick and easy pie that would mimic the flavor of Key Lime Pie but without the fuss. I tried a popular on-line recipe but found that without a gelling ingredient, the pie was messy to serve and the slices ran together. To solve the problem, I added Instant Pudding Mix and was very pleasantly surprised with the result. Note: use a LARGE graham cracker crust (deep dish type). If your store only carries the small prepared graham crusts, use two crusts.
- 1 graham cracker crust, prepared, large deep dish size (or two small)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (I use Light)
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, Fat-Free
- 1 (6 ounce) box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw Cool Whip according to instructions. Thaw limeade.
- Whisk together in a large mixing bowl: Limeade and sweetened condensed Milk. Whisk in powdered instant pudding mix. Whisk in Cool Whip, saving 1 cup of Cool Whip for a nice topping.
- Pour mixture into crust. Place remaining 1 cup of Cool Whip around the edges for a pretty presentation.
- Allow an hour for the pie to firm up in the refrigerator.