Recipe by M&A's
A creamy cool pie without sugar - derived from a variety of similar receipes, but I intended to have a creamy filling while minimizing the taste artificial sweeteners can have. Cook time indicates time to chill.
Top Review by Morgan4show
Followed recipe. Did not set up after 5 hours in refrigerator. Would double gelatin amount. Took 8 limes to get 1/2 cup of juice. Will only do 1/3 cup next time. Way to liquidy and very tart. It took approx 10 min in blender to get whipping cream whipped. Plus not enough. I would just use a suger free pre whipped whipping cream, thou home made tastes better. This is NOT a quick recipe to make. It is no way close to the estimated amount time to make. Still like the basics of the recipe. Will make it again, with adjustments.
- 2 cups sugar-free shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk, at room temperature
- 4 ounces light non-fat vanilla yogurt, at room temperature
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a food processor to turn cookies into crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted butter and press mixture into the botom of a pie plate.
- Combine gelatin and milk in a pot on the stove. Whisk while cooking over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour whipping cream into a blender and blend until thick and fluffy. Pour into small bowl and stir in 1 tsp Spenda. Cover and refrigerate.
- In the blender, combine yogurt, cream cheese, lime juice, and zest in blender until smooth. Add gelatin and remaining Splenda. Blend an additional 15 seconds.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate the pie for 3 hours or overnight for best results. Top with whipped cream to serve.