Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The key to making this tart is real lime juice - not in the bottle.
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 -9 in. baked pastry shells or 1 -9 graham cracker crust
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the beaten egg yolks.
- Gradually add the lime juice and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the pre-baked pie shell or graham cracker crust with the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees oven for 8-10 minutes. Do not allow it to brown.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Whip the cream to your liking (with powdered sugar and vanilla) and garnish the pie with rosettes of whipped cream - serve extra on the side.