Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious easy and light key lime pie! From R. Reisman.
Make and share this Key Lime Pie (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 396.89 g can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml smooth 5% ricotta cheese
- 113.39 g light cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml fresh lime juice (approximately 2 limes)
- 9.85 ml finely grated lime rind
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Spray a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable spray.
- Make crust: in a bowl, stir together the graham crumbs, sugar, water and oil until mixed. Pat the mixture onto the bottom and up the side of a prepared pan.
- Make filling: in a food processor, combine the condensed milk, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, lime juice and rind, and sugar; purée the mixture until it is smooth. Pour it into the crust.
- Place the pan in the centre of the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or just until the filling is set. Let the pan cool on a wire rack.
- Chill before serving.
This was very light and flavorful, not nearly as creamy as "real" key lime pie, but it was deliciously satisfying if one is dieting. I cheated and used a pre-made light graham cracker crust, and reduced the sugar amount as suggested. It was lovely and tart, and a great non-guilty dessert. I made it for company, and they loved it! I did serve a dollop of light cool whip and a twirl garnish of lime on top.
a very quick and low fat key lime pie. Enjoyed it very much
This was wonderful.... This was also my first successful attempt at a graham craker crust and it didn't fall apart.... The ingredeints were perfect..... I didn't have any light cream cheese so I used two containers of key lime pie yogurt in place of it and cut the sugar to 1/8 cup to make sure it wasn't to sweet.... It turned out just right.... My DH loved it.... Of course, he had to have his dolap of cool whip on top.... Thanks for sharing....