Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious easy and light key lime pie! From R. Reisman.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup smooth 5% ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 2 limes)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Spray a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable spray.
- Make crust: in a bowl, stir together the graham crumbs, sugar, water and oil until mixed. Pat the mixture onto the bottom and up the side of a prepared pan.
- Make filling: in a food processor, combine the condensed milk, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, lime juice and rind, and sugar; purée the mixture until it is smooth. Pour it into the crust.
- Place the pan in the centre of the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or just until the filling is set. Let the pan cool on a wire rack.
- Chill before serving.
This is a good recipe but apparently nobody knows that the sweetened condensed milk is loaded with sugar so it's not anything like "guilt free" or "healthy" LOL.
This was very light and flavorful, not nearly as creamy as "real" key lime pie, but it was deliciously satisfying if one is dieting. I cheated and used a pre-made light graham cracker crust, and reduced the sugar amount as suggested. It was lovely and tart, and a great non-guilty dessert. I made it for company, and they loved it! I did serve a dollop of light cool whip and a twirl garnish of lime on top.
a very quick and low fat key lime pie. Enjoyed it very much