Recipe by Dona England
I love the Key Lime Pie from Pappadeaux seafood restauraunt and found the recipe at http://www.copykat.com/. I used a 10 inch springform pan and it worked beautifully.
Top Review by jackieliz
Excellent, thick, creamy; and so few ingredients! I didnt realize how many key limes would be necessary for 2 cups, so I ended up with only 3/4 cup (but fresh squeezed!). I added the zest of a few of the limes to try and boost the lime-y flavor and it exceeded my expectations.
- 340.19 g graham cracker crumbs
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 3 (1190.67 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 473.18 ml key lime juice
- 473.18 ml heavy cream, for whipping
- lime slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick on bottom and sides of 10x2 inch pan. In another bowl,mix condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice. on low speed of mixer until well blender. It should be creamy color and slightly thickened - about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in 350 degree over 18-24 minutes (pressing surface lightly with finger should leave a mark) Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 6-8 hours before serving. Remove sides from springform pan. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh lime slices.
- The butter amount is 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon.