Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the Key Lime Pie from Pappadeaux seafood restauraunt and found the recipe at http://www.copykat.com/. I used a 10 inch springform pan and it worked beautifully.
- 3⁄4 lb graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups key lime juice
- 2 cups heavy cream, for whipping
- lime slice (to garnish)
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick on bottom and sides of 10x2 inch pan. In another bowl,mix condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice. on low speed of mixer until well blender. It should be creamy color and slightly thickened - about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in 350 degree over 18-24 minutes (pressing surface lightly with finger should leave a mark) Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 6-8 hours before serving. Remove sides from springform pan. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh lime slices.
- The butter amount is 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon.
Excellent, thick, creamy; and so few ingredients! I didnt realize how many key limes would be necessary for 2 cups, so I ended up with only 3/4 cup (but fresh squeezed!). I added the zest of a few of the limes to try and boost the lime-y flavor and it exceeded my expectations.