Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I found this recipe on the internet and have to say it is divine. I use Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice to save time and I like to add a little more zest than what is called for in the recipe. Sometimes a crack will develop and I really don't know what to do to prevent it. I've tried every suggestion and sometimes it just cracks, but at least the flavor won't be affected. The cooking time includes chilling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs, about 10 whole crackers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest, grated
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice, seeds removed (about 8-9 limes)
- 4 large eggs
- Mix all ingredients and press into bottom of a 9" spring form pan.
- Double wrap pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer, on low speed, beat the cream cheese just until softened.
- Add sugar and beat on low just until mixed.
- Add the flour, salt, vanilla, zest and beat on low just until mixed.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and sour cream beating just until mixed.
- With mixer running on low speed, add the lime juice in a slow stream, beating just until mixed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing each in before adding the next egg. Beat last egg in just until mixed.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Place the foil-wrapped pan into a large roasting pan.
- Place pans in oven and fill roasting pan with hot water until water is half way up the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until filling is set, but center is still a bit jiggly.
- Remove roasting pan from oven carefully.
- Remove cheesecake pan from roaster water bath and place on wire rack. Run a sharp small knife around the sides of the pan to loosen and keep the cheesecake from cracking as it cools.
- Cool at room temperature.
- When cool, remove foil wrapping, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.