Recipe by miss gracie
I have a dear friend who once traveled throughout Florida seeking the perfect key lime pie. He swears this recipe is better than anything he tasted on his quest, and he sampled a lot of pies!
Top Review by DDW
I loved this pie for the fact that it was very quick and easy and it contained ingredients that I normally have on hand. My family enjoyed it too. I don't think it was the best key lime we've ever had but do plan to make it again in the future.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice or 1 cup lime juice
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter.
- Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs.
- Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Chill pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.