Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Key Lime Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs (from nine standard size crackers, or one of the 3 pkgs in the box)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup very cold heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- zest from 1/2 lime
- Make the crust: Put a rack in the middle of hte oven and preheat to 350. Butter a 9″ pie plate.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until well-combined. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and 1/2 way up sides of pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes, take out of the oven, and leave the oven on.
- Make the filling and bake the pie: Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until well-combined. Add juice and whisk well (filling will thicken slightly). Pour filling into crust and bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely and put into the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, whip the cream and sugar together until it just holds stiff peaks. Spread pie with cream or top each serving with a dallop and a bit of lime zest.
- Note: If you want to make this ahead of time (1 or 2 days), don’t put the cream on it. Do that right before you serve it.