A light, creamy, and delicious key lime pie perfect for the Spring and Summer! Note: Although I haven't tried this variation, I heard subbing crushed oatmeal cookies (1 1/2 cups) for the graham crackers is a nice adaptation to the crust recipe!
- 1⁄3 of a box of a 1-pound box graham cracker
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk (2 14-ounce cans)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring (optional)
- whipped cream
- lime zest
- lime wedge
- -- Crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break up graham crackers. Place in a food processor and process to crumbs.
- Add melted butter and sugar to food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of your pie pan, forming a neat border along the edge.
- Bake the crust until set and golden, about 8 minutes.
- Set aside on a wire rack and leave the oven on.
- -- Filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lemon zest. (If you choose to add food coloring, do this now.).
- Mix well and pour into cooled crust.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until teeny tiny bubbles burst from the surface of the pie. (You do not want to brown.).
- Chill pie 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lime if desired.