1/3 Photos of Key Lime Pie
Barbell Bunny's Note:
A light, creamy, and delicious key lime pie perfect for the Spring and Summer! Note: Although I haven't tried this variation, I heard subbing crushed oatmeal cookies (1 1/2 cups) for the graham crackers is a nice adaptation to the crust recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk (2 14-ounce cans)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring (optional)
- 1-- Crust.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Break up graham crackers. Place in a food processor and process to crumbs.
- 4Add melted butter and sugar to food processor and pulse until well combined.
- 5Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of your pie pan, forming a neat border along the edge.
- 6Bake the crust until set and golden, about 8 minutes.
- 7Set aside on a wire rack and leave the oven on.
- 8-- Filling.
- 9In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lemon zest. (If you choose to add food coloring, do this now.).
- 10Mix well and pour into cooled crust.
- 11Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until teeny tiny bubbles burst from the surface of the pie. (You do not want to brown.).
- 12Chill pie 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- 13Garnish with whipped cream and lime if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 62.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: