Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a classic key lime pie that will have you feeling the island breeze with every bite! From "Mainstreet Ventures: Distinctive Recipes from Distinctive Eateries", a compilation of restaurant recipes from popular Ann Arbor eateries. Cooking time does not include 2-3 hours of chilling time after baking.
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs (can substitute gingersnaps)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 6 egg yolks
- 368.54 g sweetened condensed milk
- 158.51 ml key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press on bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make filling: Whisk yolks. Add condensed milk and whisk to combine. Add lime juice and mix well.
- Pour into hot pie shell and bake 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Can be topped with sweetened whipped cream and lime zest.
This is a wonderful key lime pie! It is a bit more tart than others I've tried, but probably because I didn't add whipping cream. I loved how easy this was to make, and how quickly it came together. I had to force myself to let it chill before trying it, and it was worth the wait! Made for PAC Spring 2010!