Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
As easy as Pie ladies home journal Sept 1991 from poogan's porch restaurant Charleston, south Caroline
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- preheat oven bake pie crust for 10 minutes.
- combine condense milk,key lime juice in large bowl.
- . beat heavy cream to stiff.
- fold milk mixture into stiff cream, until blended.
- scoop filling into prepared crust.
- freeze until semi-firm, at least 4 hours. let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving
- garnish with julienned lime peel.
Tasty and good pie. Made for Fav's of 2012.
I have to say this is one of the best key lime pies I've ever made. I steer away from the ones with eggs, so this one was perfect. The heavy cream gave a great 'weight' to the pie, keeping it from being 'too ethereal'! And the creaminess is unsurpassed. I will most definitely be making this again; summer is calling my name! Thanks so much for sharing, IRISH SMITTY!