Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From Louie’s Backyard, Key West, FL
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 4 extra-large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a big bowl, cream the sugar, butter, and salt together until smooth.
- Add the remaining crust ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, making a round 13 inches across and ¼ inches thick.
- Line a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with the dough; trim off the excess; bake 12-15 minutes or until the crust is nicely brown.
- Make the filling: combine all the filling ingredients together with a wire whisk.
- Pour into the baked pie crust; bake at 325° for about 15 minutes, until the filling sets into a soft custard; cool completely before cutting.
- The raspberry coulis: puree all the coulis ingredients in a blender; strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Drizzle in a zigzag across a plate, and then place a slice of pie on top.
- Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream and fresh raspberries to garnish, if desired.