Recipe by lindieb
I came up with this on the fly, after a HUGE craving for Key Lime pie set in. It's basically the same recipe that I used years ago to make "cherry cheese cake", which came from a magazine. You might want to start out with only 1/3 cup lime juice - then add the remainder, if the filling isn't tart enough. My family and friends like the tartness better, but the key limes are a little mild. Some times If I'm making two pies, use 3 full pkgs of cream cheese. Meaning each pie gets 14oz....recipe is ver versatile.
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 14 ounces Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (sweetened condensed milk, NOT evavorated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- lime slice (to garnish)
- buy bottled key lime juice, it's hard to find fresh in my area, also the same company makes key lemon juice, that works really w
Directions See How It's Made
- Let cream cheese soften at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Beat with a mixer on low speed for about a minute.
- Add eagle brand milk, and mix on low speed til creamy and well combined.
- Add vanilla and key lime juice, and stir with a spoon (important to not use mixer at this point), til all juice is incoportated.
- I'm laughing at my cookbook terms - just make sure it's well mixed.
- Chill at least one hour. Top with whipped cream, garnish with lime slices if desired.