Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this on the fly, after a HUGE craving for Key Lime pie set in. It's basically the same recipe that I used years ago to make "cherry cheese cake", which came from a magazine. You might want to start out with only 1/3 cup lime juice - then add the remainder, if the filling isn't tart enough.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 14 ounces Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (sweetened condensed milk, NOT evavorated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- lime slice (to garnish)
- Let cream cheese soften at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Beat with a mixer on low speed for about a minute.
- Add eagle brand milk, and mix on low speed til creamy and well combined.
- Add vanilla and key lime juice, and stir with a spoon (important to not use mixer at this point), til all juice is incoportated.
- I'm laughing at my cookbook terms - just make sure it's well mixed.
- Chill at least one hour. Top with whipped cream, garnish with lime slices if desired.
I love key lime pie and this recipe didn't disappoint. Wonderful flavor and was enjoyed by the whole family. Made for PAC Spring2010.
Terrific and easy to prepare pie. As you can see from my photo, I made a pie crust instead of the graham cracker crust. I had this dough in the freezer and decided to use it. I also tinted the filling slightly green with just a couple of drops of food coloring. Otherwise, I made it as directed. I adopted velvet_sj as part of the Spring Pick-a-Chef.
Simply delicious!!! My only suggestion would be using a thicker (homemade) crust. Your 'terminology' had me in giggles as well but your recipe turned out great. Of all the Key Lime Pies I've eaten, tried, created - THIS particular recipe has the consistency I prefer. (I live in South Florida - Key Lime pie is a MUST, lol) -Thanks!!