Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I combined two recipes to compensate for not having the right ingredients for either and it turned out really well. This must be the laziest way to make this.
- 300 g soft cream cheese (does this have to be full fat? I don't know)
- 120 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- 1 premade pie shell
- Heat the oven to 150°C.
- Stir up the cream cheese and add the sugar.
- Mix well and add the beaten eggs.
- Next add the vanilla essence and the lime zest and juice.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake until set: approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool, then chill in fridge.
I was looking for a key lime pie recipe without condensed milk, and this turned out wonderfully! I made a graham cracker crust to go with it.
yummy scrummy! Very easy, even with my threee-year-old's help! She did the stirring and the pouring....I used low-fat cream cheese and it took 30 mins in a fan-assissted oven at 150 degrees. I gave a slice to all of my hairdressing clients that day and it went down very well indeed.