Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I only use Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice when I make this to ensure a tart key lime pie. This has a meringue topping. Easy to make but you need to chill it overnight so that the flavors really work together. See what you think :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup nellie & joe's key lime juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- garnish if desired, with lime slice
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with PAM and press mixture into pieplate. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes; cool.
- Stir together milk and lime juice until blended; pour into crust.
- Make meringue topping by beating egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed until foamy.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form and sugar dissolves (2-4 mintues).
- Spread meringue over filling.
- Bake at 325 for 25-28 minutes. Chill overnight. Garnish, if desired, before serving. And then just enjoy!