Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The tart flavors of the small Key limes is best, but the larger Persian and Tahitian limes are just fine for this dish. For ZWT 5 from The Sugar Mill Caribbean Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked crab or 1 1⁄2 lbs lobster meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs linguine, cooked and drained
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add shallots.
- Saute slowly for 1 minute.
- Add the two mustards and white wine.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, then add cream.
- Simmer til thickened.
- Add lobster or crab, cayenne, and salt and pepper to sauce.
- Add the sauce to the hot pasta and toss.
- Garnish with lime zest. Serve.
This was a really easy weeknight pasta dish. I liked that it was quick to make and involved minimal prep. We liked the dish, but maybe not enough to have again.
Made a great lunch today, followed directions exactly except I added some mushrooms to the sauce. Came together really fast.....you need some good fresh bread to follow through to enjoy teh sauce! ZWT5