Recipe by GinnyP
Such a great dessert recipe given to me by an online acquaintance, that I actually purchased parfait glasses for this, though totally unnecessary. When I brought them to the table my father-in-law said, "Wow! Did you 'make' those?" Made me smile. : ) They were a hit, but the kid's don't like the coconut (surprise, surprise). (Cook time is chill time)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces graham cracker crumbs (kinnikinnick.com has gf crumbs)
- 1 package lime gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) container dessert topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 6 lime slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gelatin with yogurt, then fold in dessert topping.
- Layer evenly in 6 parfait glasses 1/2 of the graham cracker crumbs; followed by 1/2 of the yogurt mixture; followed by remaining graham cracker crumbs; followed by remaining yogurt mixture.
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Garnish each parfait glass with a slice of lime.
- Serve chilled.