Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Such a great dessert recipe given to me by an online acquaintance, that I actually purchased parfait glasses for this, though totally unnecessary. When I brought them to the table my father-in-law said, "Wow! Did you 'make' those?" Made me smile. : ) They were a hit, but the kid's don't like the coconut (surprise, surprise). (Cook time is chill time)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces graham cracker crumbs (kinnikinnick.com has gf crumbs)
- 1 package lime gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) container dessert topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 6 lime slices
- Mix gelatin with yogurt, then fold in dessert topping.
- Layer evenly in 6 parfait glasses 1/2 of the graham cracker crumbs; followed by 1/2 of the yogurt mixture; followed by remaining graham cracker crumbs; followed by remaining yogurt mixture.
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Garnish each parfait glass with a slice of lime.
- Serve chilled.
This is a great make-ahead dessert. We loved the combination of lime and coconut. A very nice finish to any meal. A little bit of the tropics on a cold and rainy night. :-)
Mother-in-law is a key lime lover so I gave these a try for Mother's Day. She was polite but they weren't my thing. Then I'm not a fan of jello.
Delicious and easy to make. This tastes exactly like the Weight Watchers version of Key Lime Pie, but this version has fewer steps and the prep is faster. I did not have parfait glasses. Instead used standard size coffee cups and it worked just fine. Although, the parfait glasses would showcase the layers for company or kids. Thanks for sharing.