Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
adapted from Pampered Chef
- 255.14 g package yellow cake mix
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 340.19 g container Cool Whip, thawed
- 93.55 g package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 lime
- 29.58 ml white chocolate chips, grated
- preheat oven to 325*.
- Grease and flour 9" springform pan. In small batter bowl, combine cake mix and flour, mix well using whisk. Add water and egg; whisk till smooth.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25-28 m inutes till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to wire rack and cool completely. Leave cake in pan.
- Brush cake with 1/2 cup of the limeade concentrate (thawed).
- Attach large star tip to pastry bag, fill with 1 cup of Cool Whip and set this aside in refrigerator to decorate later.
- In medium microwave safe bowl, micro cream cheese on high 30 seconds or softened. whisk till smooth.
- Gradually add remaining limeade concentrate, whisking until smooth. add remaining whipped topping and pudding mix, mix till smooth with spatula.
- Spoon filling over cake, spread evenly using small spreader.
- Zest lime, then slice lime thinly, cut slices in half.
- If desired, you may grate white chocolate morsels on hand grater, over filling.
- Run a smooth blade knife around inside of cake and release collar.
- Use reserved Cool Whip that is in pastry bag to pipe design around top edge of cake.
- Place lime halves between design (stars) and sprinkle lime zest over cake.
- Tastes better if you chill cake for 1 hour before serving.
this had very good flavor, definitely some pucker power :-) I added the water and egg per the box instructions. I used 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese (since the recipe didn't specify). I also didn't reserve any cool whip for decorating - incorporated the whole container into the "icing"