Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I would definitely substitute key lime juice if I had it, but this recipe was the best I could get without finding good key lime juice. Came out awesome.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 2 shots Cointreau liqueur
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free condensed milk
- 16 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend pineapple, juices and zest.
- Put contents in a pot with liqueur and bring to a boil under medium heat. Lower to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- In mixer blend cream cheese until smooth. Then add condensed milk and egg yolks and mix to combine.
- Let pineapple mixture cool slightly, then add 1 cup mixture to cream cheese mixture. Allow to combine before adding rest of pineapple mixture.
- Pour mixture evenly into two graham cracker crusts and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- After pies have started to set, remove and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whip cream and add remaining Cointreau to whipped cream.
- To serve, slice pies into 8 slices and top with whipped cream and garnish with additional lime zest or lime slices.