Recipe by JenSmith
Originally from "Paradise on Ice" by Mittie Hellmich. "Four to six key limes produce about 3 ounces of key lime juice. If you can't find key limes, use 2 or 3 regular limes. This recipe serves two.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracked ice or 6 ice cubes
- 3 ounces gin
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 3 ounces fresh key lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 lime slices (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the rims of 2 chilled cocktail glasses with sugar. Chill until needed.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with the ice. Add the gin, orange liqueur, lime juice and sugar. Shake vigorously to blend, and chill.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glasses, dividing it evenly. Decorate each rim with a lime wheel.